Private Pilot License
About the program
Here’s some information about our Private Pilot training program:
- Flight Training: You must complete a minimum of 40 hours of flight training, including a specified number of hours in different categories, such as dual instruction (instruction received from a flight instructor) and solo flight (flying alone).
- Theory Examinations: You are required to pass theoretical examinations that cover subjects such as air regulations, aviation meteorology, navigation, aircraft systems, and flight planning.
- Cross-Country Flying: You must complete a specified number of cross-country flight hours. This involves planning and executing flights to destinations beyond a certain distance.
- Radio Telephony Communication: You need to complete training in radio telephony communication and obtain a Restricted Radiotelephony Operator’s License (RTR).
- ICAO Language Proficiency: You must demonstrate ICAO language proficiency at a minimum operational level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, PPL license India holders are typically allowed to fly during night time, subject to meeting certain requirements. This may include specific PPL training, experience, and instrument rating endorsements.
Private Pilot License (PPL)
A private Pilot certificate is a license is the first goal as a pilot, which is internationally referred to as the Private Pilot License (PPL). This provides foundational knowledge & set of skills for all future aircraft pilot training.
Being a private pilot, you can quickly fly an airplane day & night in good weather conditions. Moreover, you can even carry passengers, including your friends, family, and co-workers, but still, there are some limitations. These restrictions are like you can’t fly to make money or hire.
If you dream of conquering the sky, PPL is your first step with the Avyanna Aviation Academy PPL training course.
Who Should Join PPL Course?
Private Pilot License is a licensing program that offers all the necessary aptitudes and learning that aims to make a person qualified private pilot. The course covers all the critical theories, such as flight principles, air law, flight principles, meteorology, flight planning, navigation, power plants, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, etc.
In addition to some special abilities & qualities, the aspirant should also have specific educational qualifications to pursue this course.
These abilities are:
- Ability to logically & quickly assess situations.
- Deep knowledge of vocabulary.
- Love to work in aircraft & flying environments.
- Positive attitude & creative & innovative mind.
- Candidates must trust their instruments more than their gut feeling.
- A person willing to apply for the PPL program should love to travel & explore the world.
Private Pilot License India – Admission Procedure
To get admission in the PPL license, a candidate must follow the following admission process:
- A candidate must fill out the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET) form to join the PPL certificate course.
- After clearing the AME CET entrance exam, a candidate will get admission to one of the top Private Pilot License (PPL) institutes in PAN India with 100% scholarship, according to the ALL India Rank (AIR) of AME CET.
PPL Course – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the PPL training course, an aspirant must have the following eligibility criteria:
- A candidate pursuing the PPL program must have passed the 10th examination.
- A candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the 10th examination.
- The minimum age limit for CPL is 17 years, while the maximum is 60 to 65 years.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 17 years.
- Last but not least, a candidate should be physically fit.
Flight Training for Your Private Pilot License India
Enrolling in a flight training program to start flying training for your PPL is essential. The flight training program generally requires the prospective pilot to hold a student pilot license for the solo flying training stage.
Student Pilot License (SPL)
The student license attests that you are at least the legal age and in good enough physical condition to fly throughout flight instruction. While it permits pilots to fly solo after earning an endorsement from a certified instructor, it’s vital to emphasize that student pilots are subject to several restrictions, including the inability to serve as pilot-in-command when transporting people or cargo and receiving financial compensation for any flight.
Here are some of the basic requirements for applying for a student license:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Secure a medical certificate from the Indian DGCA (Director General of Civil Aviation).
- Can speak, understand, read, and write in English at the minimum level required by the Indian DGCA.
You can start flight training for PPL certification once you get a student license.
How Can I Get a PPL License in India?
Since the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the organization responsible for regulating civil aviation, students in India must go through and pass the DGCA ground school and exams to obtain it.
You must have a computer number to register for an exam with the DGCA. By providing specific fundamental documentation, you can obtain a number that will act as a unique reference number. Typically, three tests are necessary:
- Technical General
- Technical Specific
Holding a class II medical assessment is compulsory for health requirements. The basic requirements are:
- Being at least 17 years old
- Being a holder of the SPL
- Logging a minimum flight experience by the Indian GDCA of 20 hours of solo flight time.
- Successfully passed ground school exams & flight check ride by Indian DGCA.
Completing flight training & logging flight time is the most challenging time of getting a private pilot’s license. It’s not because of the skills but because of the cost associated with the PPL training for some people.
If you want ICAO language proficiency, you can get admission to our academy today.
Workplace Where a Pilot Can Work with PPL License in India?
As a PPL holder, there are several options to work as an individual in the private sector. You can kick-start your career as a military pilot that transports military personnel, soldiers, equipment, or goods for the government.
Private pilots can fly helicopters, commercial aircraft, biplanes, bombers, rescue planes, jets, and cargo planes.
They are also in charge of transporting commercial products, civilians, private goods, military members, and other types of cargo. Before taking off, they inspect the weather condition, check if the aircraft is airworthy, ensure that the fuel & cargo are loaded safely, and confirm flight plans & navigational routes. You can also apply for a commercial pilot license in India to open your job opportunities.
Some of the job profiles are:
- Chief pilot
- Commercial pilot
- Airline pilot
- Commuter pilot
- First officer
- Experimental test pilot
Get PPL License India with Avyanna Aviation Academy
Located at Kishangarh Airport, Ajmer, AAA is a recognized private pilot training institute in India that provides high standards flight training in all aspects. It is the home of more than 100 commercial pilots & flight instructor trainees every year.
So, why are you waiting?
Enroll for the PPL course today, and fly in the sky without limits.